View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Default HU hand from 10k post

villain seems at least ok, on the aggro/bluffy side in our short session. i probably look like i'm on the tight side.

Poker Stars, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $825
Hero (BB): $600

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $18

Flop: ($48) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $36</font>, Hero calls $36

Turn: ($120) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($120) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $84</font>, Hero calls $84

my feeling was the A didn't change anything. it obviously didn't change anything of whether or not i was ahead (i guess it helped a little technically since that was one fewer A that villain could have). and the fact that he bet really didn't worry me much either.

it's a decent bluffing spot for him (it would be a better one if there had been a flush draw on the flop that i could've missed). and it will probably stop him from running some thin vbets with hands like 77 or maybe even T8. he also should not be too worried that i have an A because i'd often bet the river with it. so it's going to make him bluff some more marginal spots and check behind some winners, so i decided to call.

edit: this is somewhat related to this post.