View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Dealing With Being Unattractive

[ QUOTE ]
i hope i don't come off as an [censored] by saying this, but i would have more sympathy if op was female.

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer this quote: I can see your POV regarding gender on this issue. Looks are far more crucial to a woman's identity in our society than to a man. The highest valued men aren't the prettiest, but the most successful, and the ones people look up to. Men are more defined by their achievements, jobs, status, money. Women are mostly valued by their looks, and their value starts to decline starting in their early 20s. Men are at their physical best in their early 20s, but their value as far as attractiveness increases with age due to intelligence and earning power.

The hot young pieces of ass have to be less picky as time goes on. They start to realize that there are always hotter, and younger chicks coming up every year. Men gradually improve their attractiveness, but then it starts to decline as age physically wears them down, more than the income going up.

The fact that I'm not physically blessed is still a set back, but not as much of a hinderance as being an unattractive woman.