View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: I have a problem...

You should learn something about the hands you play if you go back and look at them from a different perspective in the next few days.

Study the betting patterns of the players and you will notice more than likely a subtle change in all of their play.

They adjust to your play without knowing it. Everyone reacts to an aggressor. The thing is most players don't know how to react fast enough to benefit from your play and those that do tend to over react and not realize you aren't playing wild anymore when you stop.

In the last month I have focused on table selection and position and reading of players by taking lots of notes.

is a huge factor here but the numbers have been very positive.

[/URL]

I have noticed that the more I study a table the more I am able to understand how to react to the action in front of me beneficially.

If you practice at different times against different opponents you will notice how certain players react instinctively and then you can counter them really easily.

Most of the guys who think they are good get tricky and slow play big hands by check/raising the turn or donking the river.

They get to win pots of course but they don't realize they miss so many value bets and call so much more when they are behind that its negative for them or break even at best.

They win 33 hands I win 23 hands, they win 17 bucks off me and I win 26 off them.

It happens time and again.

Other player types react differently but for the most part they just call more. They don't notice your inaction when you stop because everyone else continues to play lots of hands.

You start showing down pocket KK's when you are in the hand again and then they all get quiet again and fold whenever you raise preflop again....

It's a big cycle of opportunity.

I am sure these techniques don't work nearly as well against better players.

There is a fine line between spewing and making strategic manuevers that is easy to cross if you aren't careful.

So that is why I always pay very strict attention to their reactions, however subtle they may be so that I know when I can get off the roller coaster and not give back the value I stole by going hyperaggro.