Thread: AC question
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: AC question

[ QUOTE ]

Further, your anecdotal evidence is not "solid". For starters, where's your control group?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, atleast I have anecdotal evidence.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not discounting that Waco in the final raid did indeed show what can happens when people use poor judgement. But for now, bear with me and let us not look at the final raid but the initial confrontation:

What happens in AC when suspected religious fanatics board themselves up, rumours of them stockpiling weapons and having sex with children surface. and when AC 'law' enforcers show up, a firefight happens?

And it is indeed a fair question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would law enforcers show up? Are they holding people there involuntarily?

Do you think the results could possibly be any *worse* than the "solution" that Janet Reno came up with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spare me the political rhetorics please.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw that one coming a mile away since I worded myself badly. By forcefully in my statement I mean absolutely no alternative to working at one specific workplace, except death. Probably the only way you can predict human behavior so bombastically as has been done in some statements in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if there's some "safety net" that provides value to people who don't work (for whatever reason), where does that value come from?

Guess what - someone ELSE has to work to produce it. There is absolutely no alternative to working.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you missed it, I was questioning the models proposed b y ACers for human behavior, not a moral right/wrong of the scenario. Short version is that they are to simple and have no predictive power.