View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Reason for poll....

[ QUOTE ]
Fisrt, if you believe in applying the rules of logic to God (which I don't, but you probably do), then he must be good by definition.

[/ QUOTE ]
So the following bolded part doesn't apply? "Love; Patience; Kindness; Goodness; Self-control; Joy; Peace; Gentleness; Faithfulness ..." This is from the bible in describing characteristics of god/holy spirit. I'm assuming you consider the holy spirit & Jesus is god/part of god/trinity etc. So god isn't good by definition?

[ QUOTE ]
As for your sencond point, I believe that I can have more confidence than that, becuase the ways in which God has interacted with people seems to me to indicate that he desires to save anyone who wants salvation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, if I died a teenager, I would've gotten into heaven, since I wanted it then. Now I'm doomed, but maybe when I'm old & senile... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I do believe that being "worthy" has nothing to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I interpreted "worthy" as accepting Jesus as your personal savior. Maybe there's some miscommunication there.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, he could just randomly send people to heaven and hell, but if that is the case, then there is nothing I can do aobut it, so I don't worry about it.

[/ QUOTE ] This isn't in response to anything I said, but this sentiment seems consistent with your views and summarize your belief in god. "Why not believe, doesn't make much difference if I didn't."

If you're just being illogical to confuse me, you're doing a good job.