View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 08:30 PM

Default 100 NL: Playing suited near-connectors OOP

I was not a huge fan of this hand. Help on all streets please.

I just sat down at the table with Villain, but he already seems to be aggressively playing almost every hand.

6-handed; Everyone is sitting with ~one stack ($100)
Hero is BB, Villain is CO

Preflop: Hero is dealt [6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
2 fold, CO raises to $3, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls

<font color="blue">I figured I could catch this guy bluffing if I hit big, and it was only a 3x raise with another caller, so I went for it. Let me know if this is spew.</font>

Flop ($9.50): [5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]

Hero checks, Villain bets $7, Button folds, Hero raises to $21, Villain calls.

<font color="blue">I went for a checkraise here with my nice open-ended draw, because I figured there was little chance that flop hit the villain and I expected him to c-bet 100% anyway. What I did not expect was for the villain to call, but I had outs.</font>

Turn ($51.50): [9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

<font color="blue">I just made my straight. Ship it!</font>

Hero bets $35, Villain pushes for ~$80, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

<font color="blue">I'm crushing anything except 2 diamonds, and a villain this LAGgy could have air, one diamond, or an overpair/set here a lot of the time, so it's a clear call, right? Still, I can't help but feel like I went wrong somewhere(s) in this hand.</font>