View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: 25/50 weird spot with AAAx

I actually really like the hand. 3betting here (and 5betting) is fine because of how aggro you were playing. Your 3betting range is so wide (and CTS is aware of this) that you can get away with 3betting here and NOT being solely put on AAxx, and when CTS 4bets you, the 5bet, I think is standard since you KNOW hes not on another AAxx hand.

You also have a suited Ace and a another broadway card that makes straights possible. I say get as much of your stack in preflop as you can.

This is a decent flop also. The only thing that you need to worry about is the hearts. I can't see 5/2 or any wrap low wrap in CTSs range unless its was a A234ds or 3456ds type hand. Having the Ts in hand makes it less likely that you're up against TTxx, so I also like the flop shove. Hands that he calls with are KKTJ/AKJT type hands, T987 type hands, and hands like he had FD + gutter/or pair type hands. With the majority of his range being the KKTJ/T987 type hands I think the shove is fine. Your hand is ahead of his range given preflop action and if its not, its probably so close that shoving is the only player here with under a psb left.