View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Dealing With Being Unattractive

[ QUOTE ]
Practice smiling. It really hurts at first, but a smiling person is probably looking for a good time, but keep the smiling for when you talking to people. Smiling alone looks creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was hilarious. I say take any reason to be happy you can get, and don't worry too much about what people think. I'd hate to be caught stifling a grin because I was afraid people thought I was a weirdo or something. Doing that would prove them right.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally: Stop being so picky. Many good-looking girls are very insecure, and not worth the dead fish they tend to be. A good personality goes a long way from both sides of the tracks. I am not saying I don't go for what's attractive to me, I am saying that my idea of attractiveness has greatly expanded over the years.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true too. You can kill yourself with high standards or weird quirks of selectivity that don't do you any favors, but really just show you fetishize looks or even especially narrow types of looks. I've known lots of guys like that.

And personality can matter a lot. A lot of people say it doesn't really count, but for relationships worth keeping, it does.