View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Barron whats your r.o.r??

ok ok crushin, i'll stop beating around the bush.

i'm pretty sure you know my views on this and are probably joking or being funny or difficult. i really can't tell which.

i'm probably being levelled but anyways i'll bite here and state my view again.

i believe all markets are between the 100% efficient and 100% inefficient extremes. some markets are more efficient (equities) and some are less efficient (currencies).

since not all participants have the same access to leverage, research, etc. etc. in any market, there isn't a market that is 100% efficient. nor is there a market by which all participants fly by the seat of their pants lol.

there are such a large number (and %) of participants in equities that strive to do nothing but make a profit and pour overa ll available data that it is probably the most efficient market...yet, people like desertcat or pig4bill can both make a living trading in it w/ entirely different styles.

currencies on the other hand, are more volatile, but far less efficient. you have central banks and non profit seeking participants comprising such a large % of the capital that you can wait for good spots and make a killing. currencies are probaly the least efficient markets (that i've studied to any significant degree).

hope this helps.

like i said in my initial post. i still feel like a newb despite whatever answer i give to this quesiton.

Barron