View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Dealing With Being Unattractive

Some of the prettiest girls I have ever seen are with the ugliest dudes I have ever seen.

I doubt you are alone on this forum. I look much better now than I did when I was younger. While I would like to say that I look better with age, that is not the full story:

Problems: Serious Acne, Glasses, slouch, poor threads, bad hair.

Acne can't be erased, so that did leave eventually.

The Glasses I replaced with contacts. I will buy glasses, but I won't listen to the suggestions. Just give me black-rounds and I am fine thank you very much.

The slouch. You would not believe how much posture helps. Every day, when you wake up, stand against a wall, kneel with your back against the wall, and stand up again. The added posture helps your presence, and no matter how ugly you are, presence goes a long way. Also posture helps you look more confident.

Poor threads, self-explanatory.

Bad Hair, keep it short, and stop paying less than $30 on a hair-cut. Believe it or not, there is a huge difference between a 10 and 40 dollar hair cut. Let the professional do what he or she does best, and don't make any suggestions. Seriously. And yes, an ugly dude with short hair looks worse, IMO, because you are trying to detract from your ugly face, you know?

Practice smiling. It really hurts at first, but a smiling person is probably looking for a good time, but keep the smiling for when you talking to people. Smiling alone looks creepy.

Finally: Stop being so picky. Many good-looking girls are very insecure, and not worth the dead fish they tend to be. A good personality goes a long way from both sides of the tracks. I am not saying I don't go for what's attractive to me, I am saying that my idea of attractiveness has greatly expanded over the years.