View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Play the turn different?

i would have re raised maximum on flop. if he has nut flush draw with 2 cards to come, he might go for the ride but once the turn blanks, a lot of people give up.

people get goofy with 2 cards to come. they like to gamble.

but some how, i think he had air too and made a nice play on flop........if you had naked aces........lol, but you didnt

also, he raises you and you get cute and smooth call and the turn is a queen and villan ends up with having some kind of open ender with pocket queens.

i know this is mathematically unlikely and not the right way to look at poker from a long run perspective but whenever i can lock up profits on the flop, i go for it and re raise back. if he wants to get stupid lucky or chase drawing dead, then he's going to pay maximum right then and there for i dont know exactly what 4 cards he holds. he might just have a 9 in his hand too and your smooth call might freeze him up.

i say re raise the flop. i say mostly good things can happen and if they get lucky, then at least you know that you made him pay maximum to get lucky.