View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Nightmare on Elm Street for the Dems

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hispanic vote? Unless you mean the illegal alien vote, the more "open borders" a candidate is the less chance he has with hispanics.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the ultra-liberal National Review:

"A GOP Recipe for Electoral Disaster [Larry Kudlow]

In an exhaustively researched survey of 145 precincts and 175,000 votes, Richard Nadler of America’s Majority Foundation concludes that when Republicans talk about enforcement-only, deportation, and criminalization of illegal immigrants, they get slammed politically.

According to Mr. Nadler, “Policies that induce mass fear in illegal aliens induce mass anger in legal aliens because of ties of family culture and a shared media communication.”

Because of the predominant Republican party attitude of enforcement-only, the study indicates that Democrats will capture New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, Florida, and Iowa in the upcoming presidential contest.

Mr. Nadler goes on to say that Republicans who support comprehensive immigration reform run almost even with Democrats.

Any discussion of mass deportation or criminalization is a disaster."

Maybe this is just another case of Hispanic voters, like black voters, being just too darn stupid to realize the GOP truly [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what happened to the Republicans in California with Prop whatever that was supported by then Rep. Gov Pete Wilson and alienated Hispanic voters. Karl Rove is not dumb, he saw the writing on the wall, you think he really gives a crap about immigration? His position is based on winning votes, and his position is the Bush, Kennedy position, not the current one that the Reps are running on. (personally, I have no position on the issue, I haven't looked into it, but I think I am conflicted between enforcement and being a nice pansy-ass liberal [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )