View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

1pokerboy - that is something that I did consider actually although had not mentioned here.

While it doesn't really change the overall EV of Monte Carlo vs. Bahamas I did think of, "well, if I decide to take the Bahamas package anyway I should at least have a greater chance of cashing."

But I just don't know if that alone can justify it.
Maybe.

IF it turns out that the WSOP-ME is a 'have to play' situation instead of being able to just keep the cash like last year then I would definitely do the PCA instead of the WSOP-ME.
And that was when I thought the PCA was worth slightly less than the WSOP-ME package.

The WSOP-ME is worth $11k if they still allow you to just keep the cash...and is worth $12k if you actually play the event since they give you another $1k for doing that.

This is not an easy one though because the PCA is held in January and it's possible Stars won't know the status of their WSOP buy-in's and if they are going to do it the same way until much closer to the actual event in May or June or whatever.

I just like the fact that the PCA has a larger total of tournament stuff for the entire vacation.

PCA package - 33% on hotel/travel/food
WSOP if you play - 20% on hotel/travel

Plus, as you mentioned, a better chance of squeaking your way into the money at the PCA which is more attractive to me than some gigantic final-table prize-pool because even the lowest prize has significant value to me whereas I feel my chances of winning the whole thing are pretty unrealistic.