View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Playing Professional, Tunica.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, thanks for the feedback, but I think you guys are missing the point.

One of you said: "you want the rich fish to never fold"

Wrong. You must think you are going to hit your flop more than you are going to make it. Nope. You miss the flop with EVERY hand about two thirds of the time. So, if I am raising it up three times the big blind--which is 6 dollars and is a joke to these people in 1/2 nl--they reraise to 25 or 40--and I have to call with my AK or pocket tens--and then guess what, I miss the flop as you are going to do. The times I connect with the flop do not make up for the price I have to pay for the times I miss the flop in this type of game. And forget about out playing anyone--they see every river and every show down no matter what. I had a guy call me down all the way with bottom pair of fives--and no he didn't get a read on me--he was just too dumb to fold--there were straights out there, not to mention every card was an over card. I've had KK cracked several times by people holding 10 4 and making two pair because they won't fold for a 25 dollar re raise. I've had AA cracked pre-flop by 63 when he wouldn't fold to my all in bet of 125 dollars. And this type of stuff is the norm--it is not a rarity.

I guess that's the price I pay for being one of the smartest people in my state--which isn't saying much anyway. I play better against smart people than these morons. Oh well.

So anyway, thanks for the input, but I guess you guys just don't know Tunica style poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it well...very well. Sounds like you've had a bad run of cards at times. Just variance. In the end, these type of "I'm gonna run your Aces down with 10,4 off" types is where you make your money.