View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Downswing Need Sanity Check from 2+2ers

[ QUOTE ]
dude kurto just gave you the laundry list of reasons why raise pf at 10nl doesn't work. why don't you believe him either?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm not saying it doesn't work. But you would have to adjust to players.

If players are calling too much, then raise larger amounts to compound their preflop mistakes.

Also, you may be appropriately raising preflop but not adjusting postflop.

If you raise and 4 people go to the flop with you, you have to adjust the value of your hand postflop.

I am saying that LPP can work. I am NOT saying that Tight aggressive play does not work.

Please note that I left it open to the possibility that your win raise is lower then it should be. I played $10 tables many eons ago and remember making 15bb/100. And I played like a nit.

You haven't demonstrated that TAG doesn't work because you haven't played it. (its not reflected in the stats you've posted) Nor have you demonstrated your post flop skills. If you correctly raise preflop but make a lot of mistakes postflop, you're going to lose.

Do I think one can win playing loose/passive preflop? Certainly. Does it maximize your potential? By no means...