View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Downswing Need Sanity Check from 2+2ers

I think Jerry is right (to a degree) and mjws00 makes some good points too. And of course I can see the value of what other people are saying too.
However its not so clear cut either way imo and therefore I'm somewhere in the middle.
Well I am a TAGfish 21/12 or something. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
You should primarily raise for value in the micros.
Raising for deception, image and balance are secondary considerations and sometimes even fall into being FPS.
Yes, it will be neccesary against good thinking players but these are in short supply at micros and in any case these are not the players you are making money from.
You are making your money from the passive calling station recreational players who have never heard of PT, Pahud, think nothing of stacking off OOP w TPGK in limped pots. They think nothing of your image, who is aggressive, who is not. They think about the value of their hand. Period.

In micros, due to calling stations, general passivity, lack of FE, it is more likely that the best hand wins the pot than in higher limits.
Therefore speculative hands are sometimes best played as cheaply as possible until they hit.
Having said all that, I can't agree with Jerry thinking a pfr of 3% is ok. I mean do you limp QQ or what?
You must be able to raise 10% of the time just for pure value. Get yourself to 28/8 (at least) Jerry and I'm sure you'll see an improvement.