View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Poll: What do you do at the tables?

I eat when i'm hungry, i usually will eat before i play. I also like to play a lot of different games. So i'll play one game for a few hours, get up when hungry and eat then go play something else.

I pee when i have to but try to time so i miss UTG+2-UTG and come back for the blinds.

UTG2-UTG are the 3 toughest spots to make money in flop games. i don't like missing late position hands(the easier seats to come to play the tougher position).

Also i play a lot of mixed and stud games so in stud its easy since there is not blind to miss. usually I go potty, and smoke a cigarette and drop a $20 in a slot machine while smoke.

I do not stack my chips evenly at all, i don't like to know what i have in front of me as i don't want it to affect my play. I play limit games only so the exact number in front of me is not important. I can usually glance at my stacks and somewhat approximate where i am at pretty close anyway. Plus its also a nice surprise when i think i'm up about 150 and then i rack up and realise i am up 180 or something, or think i'm down 100 but find its only 60. I play 10/20 - 20/40 so its all read chips and its easy to be off by a few in a quick look.

No ipod, no sunglasses i like to pay attention.

I will chat and be neighborly with the people next to me, i suggest anyone who is not to change that.

I find when i am Nice to my neighbor they are more likely to give me a free showdown, or free card, or not bet a monster to be my friendly neighbor and usually don't get mad if i bet into them later. Also i have a friend that has a very short temper at the poker table and is not known for making friends at the table as a result, he gets no free cards/showdowns or any friendly courtesy.

may seem silly but saving a few extra bets in a limit game is very helpful.

7 or more players in a flop game and i chop. 6 or less no chop. When short handed if you inform the players next to you that you don't chop 6 handed nobody usually has a problem, especially if I am SB and toss the BB my SB as i fold. Also i can count on 1 hand the number of times there is a chop in a live game in Atlantic city in a single day at my table, so you can't be losing that much by chopping even if the BB/SB is terrible as if rarely presents itself.

/End Rant TL/DR