View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Poll: What do you do at the tables?

Caveat...I play limit holdem. I would do things differently if I played NL.

Ok, so poker gear is tennis shoes or comfortable black shoes, jeans, t-shirt, and blue hoodie. I plop down at the table and set down sunglasses, cell, and one of various silver strike tokens for a card holder. I get chips(normally 2-3 racks worth) and immediately stack them into a super duper castle which everyone unnecessarily marvels at. The sunglasses are basically unnecessary as I only use them if I am really tired to hide my bloodshot eyes. Since I never play tired, I don't really need the sunglasses. Anywho, at this point I get into the game at Commerce, curse Hawaiian Gardens for having Guiness thereby forcing me to order some(Guiness is so yummy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), and in Vegas search for the nearest hottie cocktail waitress I can oogle and order free alcohol from.

During the course of the session I typically shuffle chips until my hands are tired. I alternate between obsessing on games on my cell phone, playing with my chip stack while imagining I'm Scrooge McDuck on a pile of gold, and getting the table happy/exited/tilted by pointing out how much I hate money and suck at poker.