View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: AIM conversation w/ A Deep Balla about positional stats

[ QUOTE ]
I’d also like to know everyone’s opinion on the blind play that is talked about. What you consider raising hands when limped to in the BB at an avg table, a tight table and a loose table.
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla (10:08:50 PM): And how is it that you only raise 4% of the time from the BB?
ADeepBalla (10:09:02 PM): JJ-AK = 3%
ADeepBalla (10:10:55 PM): AJs+, 88+

</font>

Also, any and all advice about playing the button is welcome as I really have a mental block from this position.
<font color="blue">Raise that [censored] up!!!!!! ATC on the "right" table with you having the "right" image! LL, you MUST MUST MUST hammer from the button or you will have trouble earning even CLOSE to your maximum.
That being said, practice good table selection and EVEN BETTER SEAT SELECTION. Get two tighties to your left and you should be gold. Check that,,,, you MUST be gold. 72o is the nuts on the button. Play the position, not the cards!!!!!!! </font>

Landlord79 (9:49:22 PM): positional stats since July 1
Landlord79 (9:49:36 PM): I'm concerned about my button play
Landlord79 (9:50:14 PM): I think that I assume people will play back at me for button raising
<font color="blue">Not often enough to matter. But Wait! there's more. At no extra cost to you, villain has now shown you his hand when he comes over the top. </font>

ADeepBalla (9:52:25 PM): you are WICKED nitty
Landlord79 (9:52:08 PM): cold calling pf could be a problem, this linked w/ the other stuff from the other pics
<font color="blue">ADeepBalla (9:52:49 PM): absolutely </font>

ADeepBalla (9:53:00 PM): limped to you on the button with 77...you <font color="blue">MUST! </font> raise
ADeepBalla (9:53:32 PM): I'd like to see your PF raise # higher

Landlord79 (9:55:59 PM): yeah, button play is screwed up, I open 33 for a raise UTG, but don't like raising limpers from the button w/ it
ADeepBalla (9:56:35 PM): No no no no no
<font color="blue"> "EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE" </font>

ADeepBalla (9:57:44 PM): and quit leading out from the BB when you flop a piece of it
<font color="blue">LL, I'm not too sure I'm with him here unless he assumes it's a limped family pot. In that scenerio, I c/f all day long. Up against one, maybe two in a limped pot... I'm firing for sure. </font>

...went to SD is low 17%...ok...
<font color="blue">You are dead meat if I have position on you. Seriously dead!</font>

ADeepBalla (10:02:15 PM): you can check/call and re-evaluate...if someone improves on the turn and you lose the pot...so what

ADeepBalla (10:04:52 PM): unraised pot...YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO HAS WHAT

ADeepBalla (10:06:06 PM): If you led out from the blinds in a limped pot against me on the button, I'd raise you and you'd be lost.
Landlord79 (10:06:09 PM): you gonna raise a nit like me?
<font color="blue">Yeah, I'm not sure if his line is valid at "our" $$$ level</font>

Landlord79 (10:08:05 PM): i think the button is my problem here, not my BB play
<font color="blue">Amen </font>

ADeepBalla (10:08:50 PM): And how is it that you only raise 4% of the time from the BB?
ADeepBalla (10:09:02 PM): JJ-AK = 3%
ADeepBalla (10:10:55 PM): AJs+, 88+

ADeepBalla (10:11:44 PM): and then leading out when you catch a piece of it in a multiway pot where you don't know what anyone has and you're OOP for the rest of the hand...great
Landlord79 (10:12:09 PM): Renton said something about making the pfr 10x BB from the blinds <font color="blue"> I agree. Make them all LARGE from the blinds. I prefer not to get to the flop if I'm in the blinds </font>

ADeepBalla (10:15:19 PM): Ok, listen to me. I don't care what table you're at. Henceforth, you RAISE when you're in position. You raise when you OOP with a solid hand. And you're the nittiest player with crap OOP. You DO NOT get aggressive with crap oop unless you HAMMER the flop.
<font color="blue">Agreed </font>

[/ QUOTE ]