View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: AIM conversation w/ A Deep Balla about positional stats

My attempt at a cleanup, thanks for the post LL!

<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: positional stats since July 1
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: I'm concerned about my button play
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: Uh...yeah
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: CO and HJ look great
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: I think that I assume people will play back at me for button raising
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: or some kind of mental block
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: one sec
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: you are WICKED nitty
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: cold calling pf could be a problem, this linked w/ the other stuff from the other pics
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: absolutely
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: 18/8 is nitty?
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: limped to you on the button with 77...you raise
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: I'd like to see your PF raise # higher
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: pfr has come up in the last month or so
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: my stats on this computer are from 6-handed play...but your net amount won should be increasing toward the button
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: yeah, button play is screwed up, I open 33 for a raise UTG, but don't like raising limpers from the button w/ it
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: or even 77
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: No no no no no
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: exactly the opposite
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: not on Bodog
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: and quit leading out from the BB when you flop a piece of it
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: how do you see that from this one pic?
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: vol put $ in pot is low...10%...went to SD is low 17%...ok...
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: but you lose a lot of money relatively
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: i do it, but how do you know that
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: ergo: you lead out when you catch a piece of it but then have to give up when you get resistance
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: yeah, fire on uncoordinated boards w/ TP or 2nd pair as long as there are more than 3 other players in the pot
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: no no no no no
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: *no more than
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: you are OOP...when you are OOP, you need to be extremely judicious with your bets
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: you can check/call and re-evaluate...if someone improves on the turn and you lose the pot...so what
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: if I bet, I don't get any info
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: if i don't bet
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: *
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: Q7o with Q high flop...you lead out...bad
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: dude, I'm gonna argue w/ that
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: fire, if you meet resistance, you just shut down
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: I"m not playing 5/10
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: 1618 hands say I'm right
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: diff w/o blinds is +
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: There's tons of times I fold top pair from the blinds
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: sure, but with few opp and a dead board, you should fire
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: raised pot you shouldn't be in
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: unraised pot...YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO HAS WHAT
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: yeah, that's been a +EV adjustment that I have made in the last few months
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: hence the reason for a probe bet
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: if you check, you get absolutely no info
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: a LP player will bet a checked pot w/ air often, then where are you at?
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: If you led out from the blinds in a limped pot against me on the button, I'd raise you and you'd be lost.
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: you gonna raise a nit like me?
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: i only bet w/ the goods
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: I'm just saying, your OOP play looks like an easy leak to fix
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: you may be right, I just learn best by arguing
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: what are you looking at to see that?
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: It's like AA...you either win a small pot or lose a big one
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: I'm looking at your PF raise #s and your net amount #s. They should be gradually increasing toward the button
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: i think the button is my problem here, not my BB play
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: you expect to lose money in the blinds
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: And how is it that you only raise 4% of the time from the BB?
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: JJ-AK = 3%
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: yeah, I don't like to raise out of the blinds unless I can resteal or I have a big hand
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: I like fit or fold from the blinds because you're OOP
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: I'll check up to JJ in a limped pot
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: but you're apparently willing to commit $ with 40% of your hands from the SB...in the WORST position
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: check up to JJ...no no no no
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: AJs+, 88+
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: committing 1/2 a BB with &gt;5 to 1 odds is quite appealing
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: why raise and play a big pot OOP?
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: and then leading out when you catch a piece of it in a multiway pot where you don't know what nd you're OOP for the rest of the hand...great
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: I love cking AQo in the BB, missing the flop and losing only 1 BB on the hand
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: Renton said something about making the pfr 10x BB from the blinds
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: is that where this should go?
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: you can fight me if you want...but the numbers are telling me that you need to be more aggressive..bet your good hands harder if you're OOP...and your marginal hands less OOP
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: i just like to argue to flesh out ideas
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: if I just nod my head and say yes, how much do I really learn?
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: limped to me in the BB with TT?...I'm raising and clearing the field
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: AQo
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: table dependent
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: same thing
<font color="red"> Landlord79 </font>: AQ is a losing hand
<font color="blue"> ADeepBalla </font>: Ok, listen to me. I don't care what table you're at. Henceforth, you RAISE when you're in position. You raise when you OOP with a solid hand. And you're the nittiest player with crap OOP. You DO NOT get aggressive with crap oop unless you HAMMER the flop.