View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 12:07 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Playing Professional, Tunica.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have played a lot during the weekends at Goldstrike and found that to be no good. Most of the players are old rich rednecks who 3 bet any draw or big card, and NEVER ever fold. A lot of loose gamblers in my state. I've found it to be decent for trapping and taking some big pots down, but my goal is consistency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, this sounds to me EXACTLY like the strategy advice from How To Dominate $1/2 NL, where you are told to simply go home when a game is like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOw and that book got some really good reviews in the Books & Publications forum. The only reason to ever leave that kind of game is if you are too tired to function or if you are bankroll deficient, you might try to find a game with less variance. You definetely won't find one more profitable.