View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Official October [censored] Thread

Random thoughts:

1. I FTed one final table all month in pot limit + won a [censored] 20/45. I've crushed SNGs, though, not that this means anything.

2. Over the past two weeks, I've been dealt AA/KK twenty three times. I have won 40BBs from it. Sometimes MP will limp and fold to my raise of 4BB.

3. I've been dealt AK six of the last seven times in the BB. Four times it's been folded to me. The SB won't even limp. Once there were two limpers, both folded when I raised to 5X BB.

4. Last night, I was dealt KK in the blind, all folded. Then KK UTG+1, raise, all folded. Five minutes later, AA in the SB, all folded. I took a book and threw it at my closet, it hit the bottom of a mirror, mirror broke, now I'm afraid I'm going to experience bad luck. I don't believe in old superstitions because I have my own personal superstitions, but still, this sucks.

5. Last night, I dreamt that I was sitting in the waiting room of a bank sharing with a stranger that "because there is a club flush draw with a K and the board paired and I led the flop, I should check raise my made FH on the turn." Sounded really good to me.

6. I'm playing way too many SNGs - it's retarted. I've won a lot this month from them alone. HUSNGs are so hot. But, I really want to win an MTT and am considering getting a coach. If I play in the 20s for 6 more months, I'm going to want to oft myself. Limp/call fests are too brutal.

7. The Redsox looked fearsome last night. As in not to be [censored] with. I hope the Yankees play them in the second round - it looks like we could actually have a consistently well played series this time.

8. In the last few MTTs I have played, I don't remember the last time a player has raised against me when I had a strong hand. Or three bet me when I have a good one, even though I'm raising anywhere from 15 - 20% of my hands. It's disgusting. In fact, all the monsters I've been up against have been limp callers from UTG or just callers from the blinds when they finally hit a top 5% hand. It's so sick. All these players on FTP do is limp call. I may have to move to pokerstars. Winning a tournament would help.

Barry