View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: WCOOP ME, Table chip leader in a tricky (?) spot UTG

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't understand how you went from calling preflop to set mine, then turning it into a post flop bluff. Just seems like you got yourself stuck into a good flop for your hand, then justifying your play by thinking he could fold an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I constantly do something for a certain reason PF, then turn my hand into something else on a later street, if I feel that circumstances dictate this. This is fairly standard, also in cash. Second, it wasn't a "good flop" for my hand in the way you mean it (i.e, that I have an over-pair), as I put him mainly on QQ-AA.

Now, I never said I'm calling with the plan to set mine only. Of course flopping a set is a big consideration, but there are more options, as I listed before, one of them for instance is leading into most A high flop. This could v well be +EV.

After the flop, I _did not_ plan on check raising him. I was v ready to c/fold. His bet feel however told me he is v uncomfortable with this spot. So I decided to rep a set.

registrar wrote earlier that I am not deep enough to represent a set, even if it's the "correct" line for doing so. I don't agree with it, and i think that it's just about the perfect deepness to do it here with a real chance of him folding, leaving himself with a 28BB stack. If we are deeper, the c/r ai might look less and less credible and more of some aggressive overbet (v deep of course it can't be a c/r all-in, but then there's 0 chance he actually folds the flop at all. Anyway if it were much deeper the whole hand is completely different).