View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: 10/20 live. Flopped TP/TK.

The preflop reraise with a hand as weak as AJ offsuit was bad. Against a loose opponent, why would you want to play a large pot without a hand big enough to justify such a course of action?

Anyway, once he calls the preflop reraise and fires at the flop, your time for "re-evaluating" is not the turn, but rather is now. Unless he is one of those people who believes somehow that AK and AQ is the nuts, it is unlikely he has anything you are beating. (Having already taken your hand too far, I suppose there are those who would advocate raising this flop in order to try to knock him off an overpair or a draw. Unfortunately, most opponents are not folding QQ - AA here, and so this might be futile if indeed that is what he has.)

O.K., so now you have committed another $300 to a pot where it is unlikely you were ahead once he called your reraise preflop.... so now, 25% of your stack is in the pot, and the turn has just blanked.

By calling the turn, the only hand you are representing that makes any sense is a set of jacks. By raising the turn, it looks like an overpair or not much at all. Thus, it would seem to me that if your opponent is paying attention, and can beat the board, he will fire again on the river if you call the turn, and will call if you shove the turn.

Either way, of course, you are in bad shape without a miracle.

I guess this is a long way of saying that by reraising preflop, you managed to build a large pot without having a really good hand.... and this is not sound strategy.

TK