View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Novice Sports Betting Tactic that may work on the NFL

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is this lady likely doesn't have the intelligence to make her a BSP which, ironically, puts her above BSP status.

A BSP knows just enough about the game to make him focus on the wrong things and make the idiotic, popular pick. This old lady doesn't even key in on that.

Also, the juice will kill. Another key to BSPs is they focus on the 1 to 3 games with the highest edge. Trying to bet all 14 games in that manner will lead to games where the edge is less than the juice. Believe me, I've given an interocular examination to wagerline/yahoo/whatever consensous, team 'experts' on wagerline, etc; none give a consistent edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you.

Someone who throws darts should have a winrate of 50%. We all know this.

What is surprising is that people don't seem to realize that many people do have a true winrate of below 50%. The reason is that the lines are slightly shaded against favorites, because most bettors tend to pick favorites too often. There really are people out there who can be expected to win 48-49% of their games in the long run.

Still, this is a horrible idea and it is disgraceful that so many of us have even bothered to reply.