View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Fall \'07 Movie Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3:10 to Yuma - very entertaining. Good acting by many, hilariously horrible acting by Luke Wilson. Overall, quite a good movie. Not great in the way Unforgiven is great, but just a solid Western. Definitely worth watching. Also has extensive discussion thread in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ending was strange, but I enjoyed most of this flick. Which one was Luke Wilson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Luke Wilson isn't in the movie, El D is slightly confused - the part of Charlie Prince is played by Ben Foster, in my opinion a totally sick actor (he's also the meth-addicted Nazy from Alpha Dog). (Ben Foster ). To say I wasn't impressed with it would be an understatement - awesome acting gone horribly to waste due to a terrible plot. Saw it with a friend and we were both pissed and wanted to shoot the director.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

uh yeah..Luke Wilson is in the movie. He's one of the "posse" along the railroad tracks

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, he plays the telegrapher at the railroad camp where they're tunneling through the mountain. I didn't think he was hilariously bad. It's a Western. He's playing an archetype--a guy named Zeke. Having been a Zeke in another lifetime, I thought it was a pretty good Zeke.