View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: iPoker

[ QUOTE ]
Are the applications on overcards.com kosher? That is, can someone here confirm that there are no ... watchamacallits ... trojans or key registries in the downloads there? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can but it may not mean too much since I am one of the people posting over there,,,

All my scripts, and pretty much any of the AHKs on there (and any AHK in general) are plain-text open source - so you can read for yourself to verify there is nothing nasty in there.

You are correct to be suspicious, and this is why I put out all of my software as plain-text open source. We are are high value, and often computer illiterate target for hackers. And it is not too hard to implement nasty business in AHK.

Your best bet is to check the "last edited by" field at the bottom of an overcards.com page - if it is me, Roland, Halfsame, butcha, Adde, Jukofyork, or any other software reg you recognise - chances are the page and it's downloads are 100% safe - but there is no better security than reading (and understanding what it will do) the script code yourself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.