View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Default 10/20 live. Flopped TP/TK.

Sorry, if this hand is unintersting to most HSNL players. But this is live, so I was playing higher than usual.

Villian is fairly loose, but does not get to out of line. I do not think he has much postflop skill, from what I have seen, and might be new to poker.

Effective stacks 100 BB. Villian raises to 80 from MP, and I repop to 240 from the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The games is running 6 handed.

Flop comes down 4 2 J, two spades. Villian bets 300. I am ahead of most of his range, and elect to call. I figure if I raise, his calling range has me beat, and I can avoid losing a big pot, by calling and evaluating on later streets. IMO, he calls my raise with 22,44,JJ, AA-QQ, and maybe some draws/combo draws. So, I call, figuring to have the best hand. Thoughts? Does anyone like a raise here, and why?

Turn card is a non-spade 7. Villian bets 800 into the about 1100 dollar pot. I have about 1500 remaining. Call? Push? Fold? What makes you choose that option? If you call, do you call a river push?

Thanks a lot for your help! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]