View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: my pastor divorced his wife and married a sophomore

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
adsman
how am i a scumbag, by trying to bring this disturbing issue to light, or by not acting on it till now?
do you have children? if so imagine someone twice your daughters age marrying her. and tell me where i am the scumbag. sorry i think your the scumbag for not seeing how disturbing this is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just mind your own business and stay the hell out of their lives. And what are you trying to say here? That the girls father doesn't even know she's married? If you take this to the press you are going to be ruining a fair few peoples lives for no purpose other than your own personal desire to see "justice" done.

Which would make you king of the scumbags in my book, buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I read this I thought maybe you thought OP was the pastor or something. I didn't think you could actually be this retarded.

For a regular person, sure, I wouldn't really care what they do and it's certainly not my place to go blathering about their lives. However a pastor is a pretty special position in society (even if not to you, personally). Members of his congregation genuinely believe that he is qualified to share God's word with them, but I have a feeling they might have a change of heart if they knew he left his wife to bang a high schooler.

That's if he still has a congregation, anyway. He may just be doing school stuff, I don't know.

This is magnified even more because he works at a school. I seriously doubt that he quit his job, asked the girl to marry him out of the blue, and she said yes. I'm guessing there was some "courtship" going on while he was a teacher and she was a student.

re: ruining people's lives. OP isn't doing anything of the sort. If the pastor's life gets "ruined," it'll be 100% because of the terrible decision he made. Give me a break.

Also, OP, I have extreme doubts about a contract like that being enforceable. It just seems pretty absurd to me. Also, even if I thought it was enforceable, I wouldn't have any problem telling someone about this. You think the school is going to file a lawsuit against you for telling people that one of the teachers there is a pedo? Let's see how that works out for them.