View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Proposed Comments

I worry that by pushing for more specific regs.

A. We risk completely shutting down poker until any lawsuit may happen, because the banks have a set of specific rules outlawing poker, to go off of.

B. The sites are going to pull out of the areas they are not allowed to operate in "by law." States, or perhaps the entire U.S.

C. SOOOO many states are going to realize they need internet gambling laws, and start passing them, banning poker.

Now, it is entirely possible, that the sites will continue to ignore any U.S. laws, and operate as usual. I hope that happens. But, we risk the banks not allowing them to operate, thanks to tougher enforcement.

I guess I have a few questions. Many people on these boards want tougher, more specific regs.

1. Do we risk the sites pulling out of the U.S., or pulling out of certain parts of the U.S., due to the tougher regs?
2. Do we risks state's realizing that they need internet gaming laws, thanks to the more specific regs?
3. Do we risk the FR and DOT, writing such specific regs, that poker is hurt? (I suppose that means we can sue)

I hate to break up the status quo. Right now, I live in the United States, in a state where it is a felony to play online poker. I am still able to play if I wanted, although I don't. I hate for that to change.