Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea, AJ isnt even a made hand! not even sure why you raised to begin with !

[/ QUOTE ]
If I raise UTG and get reraised in early position, then I call tighter than if I raised on the button. AJ is an awful hand to play against a reraise, because if you connect, you have no idea where you are.

I know the guy is a LAG, but let him take a small pot early and look for a better situation to make a stand.

Personally, I wouldn't always raise initially AJs UTG with 100xBB no ante, but Ansky plays differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo, you're pretty much thinking on the 2nd level against people thinking on the fifth level. Do you not think that Ansky understands legitimate raising ranges/calling ranges with legitimate people. He's already given you reads for the situation. Not calling with AJs here would be terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course I understand the read. But you have to give some weight to the action of reraising an early position raise in early position. Ansky does not have a loose image, even though villain does. Even a maniac could have a real hand. By calling OOP with this hand, you are putting yourself in a difficult situation.

In general, I would almost always fold AJ raised UTG to a 3rd position raise. I am usually not folding AK, AQ, any pp, or suited connector. I know villain is a LAG etc., but I don't think that makes AJs that much easier to play in this situation.