View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Proposed Comments

D$D, I agree with you. However, the "Agencies" cannot just abandon the regulations as hopeless even though the entire UIGEA is hopeless. They do not have the power. That is why we have courts of law.
But they do have the power to adopt regulations that might be better for us online poker players. To be honest, I warned TE that I did not think that all our comments will matter. I think that the regulations are deliberately vague so that the DOJ and Treasury can intimidate the banks like they have online gambling entities. The Agencies want to see "overblocking" by the banks.
The real reason that the Agencies will not create a list of UIG businesses is that any listed business would clearly have standing to sue and one loss by the government might unravel their entire campaign against online gambling.
However, TE stated that we have to try anyway. I agree, so I will give it my best effort. My definition of UIG and/or my examples would benefit online poker players in most states. Also, I think that no so-called black list is, at present, best for our side.