View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: PA: Pittsburgh Area Poker Legality Lawsuit

I agree that one function of the PPA ought to be to provide assistance to lawsuits such as this one.

I was going to bring this up at the fly-in - but am pretty certain I wont be able to make the fly in (damn, damn, damn).

Engineer, if you read this before I PM you, dont you think a good thing to talk to Pappas about is having a litigation support team? I can provide some help for free, and more if I can be paid (these things do take time) - but there is at least one lawyer already on the PPA board (AJ Shulman).

What I envision is a team to help local counsel in cases just like this where the issue is "skill v. chance." I have already freely provided the basis of a solid legal argument, and have worked with one PPA board member who is a pro-player who could be the star expert witness in presenting the argument. Seems to me other pros would help here too and other PPA lawyers. And there must be site gys who can provide statistics....

I dont envision the PPA going around filing lawsuits (like the ACLU), but being the central key resource for people who do find themselves in this kind of litigation.

What do the rest of you think?

Skallagrim