View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Live 5/10 AA hand, Foxwoods

I'm pretty much a 2/5 NL live player at Foxwoods. I'm rolled fine for it but recently had a nice up swing so I figured I would take a shot at the 5/10. I don't play as my job, but it's a nice little padding to buy stuff on the side. So I go and sit for my first time at this level. On to the game..

The table seems to have some very good players, this is the first time playing at these stakes. I see some crazy re-raise action with draws and it looks like a few plays have a lot of gamble in them, while others portraying that image are pretty tight. I've bought in for $1500 and have $1200 in front of me and this happens:

I'm in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] player to my left just had a huge hand cracked by a draw and is on tilt. He raises to $40 there are a few callers, and I call.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Yep, I flopped the wheel with the backdoor flush. I check, he bets $50, folds around I make it $200 to go. He insta calls.

Turn: X offsuit, I start to count some chips out and I'm pretty sure he's going to call a lot. I bet out $800 leaving me with less then $200 behind, he insta calls.

River: A offsuit, I bet the rest ($180?) and he insta folds. I flip over my A and say, "Wow, got lucky with my AK."

I was taking a long time so I think people were watching. Now onto the hand I'm sketchy about and would like some advice on:

I start the hand with $2600 and villian has $1700. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1. I limp, there are a few callers and a black fellow raises to $35, I've seen him get in a few big pots but nothing out of control hower he has played a lot of hands, it folds back to me and I make it $200 to go. All fold to villian and he calls.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet out $200 hoping he has an over pair/the J and will raise me back. He makes it $500 to go. Now I fail to pull the trigger and lose my grip, I ask what does he have left and he says, "$1040" and I just flat call it.

Turn: X [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I check hoping he'll bet at it to protect whatever hand he has, and he instantly shoves $1040. So I call with my A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], even if I'm wrong I've got the nut draw.

I THINK I played it OK. I felt like I was ahead, he did call my raise, it could be JJ or a set but it seems a little fast played for that, but perhaps that is how this level of poker is? Or I thought more likely QQ, KK, with the heart? or even JQ, JK, AJ, with the heart. It certainly didn't feel like a flush.

Any comments apprecaited for either hand. I would have hidden the results of the first hand but I think it may apply to how this other played played vs me. I'll put results in white below.

<font color="white"> He flopped a set of 5s and I didn't draw out. Should I have been able to dump on the flop? After writing this all out I think I played it fine, but I'm so new to this level I'd like some feedback from you guys.</font>