View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Organizing a project to determine which sites are legit or rigged

I actually think this is a good idea, even though I don't think the major sites are rigged. I posted this in NVG a week ago:

[ QUOTE ]
You can't make fish last longer than they otherwise would and keep it hidden from a regular's database provided he gets a sufficient number of hands. It's impossible to hide the fact that his good hands are not holding, or that his KK hands are bumping into AA more often than they should. Countering this point, I do not how feasible it is to say the typical high volume player can pack in enough hands to get the sample size he needs.

But let's be realistic here--in order to hide your rigging so that it won't show up in the average high volume player's data, you'll be rigging your game at such infrequent intervals that I doubt it would be worth it at all from any perspective at all, considering there a bazillion other ways out there to bilk the players. For example, stars FPP satellites are a great example. Give the player rakeback, but then give the player means to ensure the rakeback stays in the system. And while we are on the subject of tournaments, don't those already do a great job of ensuring a few hundred more fish are going to be rolled for games they have no business playing in every week?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the last paragraph really erodes the argument of fixing the RNG to get more rake. In pretty much every tournament I play, some idiot goes so much deeper than he deserves to based on his skill. Think about it, a fish luck-boxes his or her way to the final table in a 180 man, and he finds himself rolled for $100NL, because $400 is what a fish needs to be rolled for $100NL. Think about this, stars runs these tournies for a profit, and at the same ensures there are fish with money to blow in the ring games, and all of it risk free (as opposed to the risk of ruin they face if their rigged RNG is exposed).

But like I said, I support this because only good stuff will come from it. Dishonest games, if any exist, could be shut down, while the honest ones will have another source of credibility.