View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Nightmare on Elm Street for the Dems

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im not talking about any religion, particularly since Im an atheist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe you. <font color="red"> Believe what you want. Read my posts here and on SMP and find anything that is supportive of religion or the religious. I am as hard an atheist as there is. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
And Ive already discussed why the nuclear family is a relatively new phenomenon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not coherently. At any rate, as your concept of the nuclear family didn't even exist in the natural habitat of human beings, it can't be a "natural" family unit by any standard. <font color="red">Coherent enough for anyone with reading comprehension abilities. Your conclusion that the nuclear family is not "natural" is not supportable, nor is the opposite conclusion. Given the fact that nature has done a pretty good job for herself, and that the nuclear family has proven to be the most productive and stable, I tend to lean toward it being natural. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
However, to say that there is no such thing as "natural", in the sense that we are using the word, is preposterous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foal beat me to the punch. Can you support that assertion? Is this where you say you don't think humans evolved, and that there is some "greater" imperative than evolution that defines what is "natural?"

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">I don't know what path you are using to get there. Someone said there is "no such thing as natural". OI responded that in the context of this tread of course there is such a thing as "natural" since we are talking about human behavior which is governed by nature, including evolution. You are so off base in what youre reading into my statements you must be inventing things to be disagreeable. </font>