View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Wii: Second sensor bar...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But is anybody using 2 sensor bars simultaneously as described?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not aware this was possible. Are 2 bars supposed to add any significant benefit to playability?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beyond allowing to locate yourself further from the unit, I do not think so.

The biggest advantage I can see is that it is wireless, so you can place it on a coffee table without having to route that thin wire.

When I sit on the couch, the sensor at the TV is not strong enough for full signal and the cursor jitters.

My current setup has the wireless on the coffee table and the wired on the TV.

This works, but because they are in the same line-of-sight with each other, depending on the movement, when on the couch, the TV sensor may pickup cause the cursor to jump to it's sensed location.

What I would like (perfect world) is for the coffee table sensor to pickup all movement when I am on the couch and for the TV sensor to pickup all movement when I am standing and playing (generally in front of the coffee table).

The standing part seems to work perfect since at this point, you are in front of the coffee table sensor and pointed at the TV. However, the sitting scenery works as described above.

I think if my sitting location where offset from the line of sight of the wired sensor, I would be in good shape, but then you are not directly in front of the TV which is less enjoyable.

Ideally, I think a firmware upgrade should be issued to allow for multiple sensors and independent placement (above / below).