View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: set in postion agains LAG early position opener

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How have you been playing at the table?

If you've been aggressive, I usually raise the flop to about 65. If you've been passive/not active, I usually call and try to get it in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

playing 20/14.5/2.7 over hundred hands

think my image was TAG, but i had also been in a few recent pots so my image may have been changing.

Villian on the other hand was quite aggro

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi everyone, I'm new here but will take a crack at this. I think we need to raise here and try and build a pot, especially against an LAG opponent. If he has a big Ace you'll probably get all the money in right here. The pot on the flop is $29 and his bet of $21 puts $50 in the pot, your call will make the pot $79 at this point. I think you need to decide now if you are willing to go to the felt with this hand and then make a plan based on your decision to go all the way or not.

I would think you would want to build a big pot here and the only way to do that is raise. If you make it $90 to go and he calls you this will put enough money in the pot to warrant you putting in the rest on the turn while at the same time giving your opponent a decent price to pay you off. If he folds to your raise chances are he might check fold the turn or you might get another small bet out of him. Raise the pot up now and try to double through.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't we fold out all hands other than Ax

just playing devil's advocate here