View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: October general thread

[ QUOTE ]
fricken baronzeus... im at 9000 hands (some nl you can play a lot of nl hands 8 tabling), +8k, teach me?

btw... what did you have this hand?

*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to LIVELETDIE22 [Qs 6s]
FREDRIK312 - Folds
bz - Raises $75 to $100
LIVELETDIE22 - Calls $50
*** FLOP *** [Kd 2d Qh]
bz - Bets $50
LIVELETDIE22 - Calls $50
*** TURN *** [Kd 2d Qh] [Jc]
bz - Bets $100
LIVELETDIE22 - Calls $100
*** RIVER *** [Kd 2d Qh Jc] [8h]
bz - Checks
LIVELETDIE22 - Bets $100
bz - Raises $200 to $200

[/ QUOTE ]

i raise the flop there. makes late street play vs. bz a bit easier i think (unless of course if you know he'll give up quick to early aggression and will put in bets with far weaker hands later and isn't too tricky...i don't think that describes bz though lol)

i don't think bz would go into this without a strong read as a bluff. it would make sense though w/ a low pair type hand since he can now rep a far large hand than 66 and you appear to have some pair, possibly K/Q weak kicker or JT type hand that picked up a pair. he could now expect to fold out the weak kicker J/Q/K since at this point they are essencially the same hand (nice c'r here for bz w/ KT given your play).

additionally, he could have a diamond draw or just absolute air.

but those are his bluff hands in the extreme.

more realistically it looks like K8/Q8/AT/KQ/KJ/anyset/T9dd.

if i hadn't played w/ bz a ton before and i were you i'd call this c'r for half value and half info. if he is capable of this with air i have to know (similarly if he is capable of c'r 66 to fold out a Q/J then i also have to know). if i pay off one of the good hands here then so be it. getting 8:1 on the call i don't mind so much.

if i had to guess i'd say bz had K8/Q8/J8 for the 2pair.

EDIT: just to clarify, the raise looks exactly like he wants you to pay off with what you very likely have and a 3 bet here is getting called every time b/c there is basically nothing (other than 88 which prob raises by now) that the 8 gives you that can have to 3 bet here. so i think a fold here makes sense if you play w/ him. on a first hand or without any other info i'd lean towards a call though.

Barron