View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: please read if you are a supernova

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The point is that it is a major issue for those who factored the $300 + value per month (as it once was) into their decision to play enough at Stars to get to SN status.

[/ QUOTE ]

The value was only as high as it was for you because others weren't playing and you were taking their equity. This is not Stars' fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's simple enough though, Stars offers a promotion for getting a set number of VPPs, the number of entrants in the freerolls is clear for all to see in the client, therefore an informed decision could be made as to the expected value of playing enough to get those benefits.

I don't know where Stars got the 1000 player per freeroll estimate from, but I would still assume that they based it on a fairly high proportion of expected SNs playing. Even that calculation allows for $200 per month. Now the numbers of SN at year end or even currently are likely to be higher than Stars initially predicted, but that is not a burden to them, it is a boon, all I am saying is that the value they offer in this particular aspect of the promotion should not be slashed.