View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Would this software be legal?

Very probably no. It's an undefined area right now - which is why i said in my "I'm done" thread that it will be an addon - as in an addon to PT3 or HM. It's way too close to the line for PT to integrate as a feature, so it will be an addon - and will very likely be banned, only to be followed by more and more "versions" released by more and more people. As the base functionality of PT increases, it will be easier to write the addons and more of them will exist. As the poker sites find out about them, they will be banned. Some coder's will keep their versions to themselves, others will release them to a select few customers, constantly upgrading them to stay ahead of the detection capabilities of the poker sites. At some point they will realise that the core database holds too much power and hand histories will be dropped. HH grabbers and screen scrapers will be written and be banned but there will always be "ways around" the rules. But don't worry, this will all take years to happen and for a short while after this software is first released, it will be very good for those who use it.