View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Re: The Well: N 82 50 24 (10.03.07)

[ QUOTE ]
What games and stakes do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't. I've basically stopped playing. When I stopped (summer 2006) I was playing 2/4 and 3/6 NL. I decided to stop because I was starting law school and I didn't want the distraction. And since then, my favorite stomping ground (party) has gone away and I think the games are too tough to make it worth my while to start again. I've never played multi-table tournaments in any significant volume.

[ QUOTE ]
What inspired you to create thepokerdb?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was running a site called PSCrew, which was a forum for PokerStars players. I wanted an objective rankings system to compete with P5s. That never happened, but thepokerdb grew out of that effort.

[ QUOTE ]
What percentage of your net worth was from the sale of thepokerdb?

[/ QUOTE ]
Really tough to say. A lot of things have grown out of thepokerdb or are somehow related to it. But just what I received is probably somewhere around 40-50% of it. I really don't know though since a lot of the valuations of my holdings are ridiculously subjective and depend on the future of online poker.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you program thepokerdb yourself? If not, who did?

[/ QUOTE ]
graydot (linked earlier) did the hard stuff. When we started, I was a huge programming n00b. I just had an idea. Since then, I've gotten waaaaaaaaaay better at php and databases. I programmed a lot of things for thepokerdb, but none of the really hard things. Also, usually I would make a page (such as the player.php, which pretty much everyone used a lot) and then Paul would come in later and fix it to make it faster and whatnot.

[ QUOTE ]
Please fill us in on other upcoming poker-related projects.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I have another data-related website set to come out at some point. I'm currently beta-testing it and I will be inviting some MTTc'ers to help me out pretty soon.

Also, I am the producer of this project (http://www.thepokerfilm.com), which I anticipate being pretty popular. The clips should be out within a matter of weeks, maybe sooner.

I also have two interesting poker ideas on the backburner that I plan on doing as soon as I have time.