View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 05:06 AM

Default Re: 5/10 - Full Ring - PokerStars - Beatable?

Yeah, I've played a lot of hands with JC, and I don't think he is a 2+2er. I think his game is a little more passive than the typical 2+2er, but I could be wrong. He is pretty solid, so I don't mess around much in his pots, so if I am playing with him, I probably have some real values. I think we have a kind of uneasy truce. After some initial battles a while back, I don't think either of us, pays the other one off very often. I know I've abused that a little bit, and I suspect that he does too.

Anyway, there was one funny hand a couple of weeks ago. There is a limpfest, and someone raises, so it is 6 ways for two bets, and the flop comes 974 or something like that. I have sevens.

Anyway, JC bets the flop, it comes around to me, and I raise, and then he threebets. Anyway, when the field saw the two of us going to war on the flop, they all scurried out of the pot, like cockroaches in sunlight. After I got done laughing at that, I thought about the hand, and decided that it had to be set over set, and just went into calldown mode.

I remeber that he did have a set, and I don't remember being dissapointed that I didn't get more value out of the hand, so I think he did have the 9s, or whatever top set was.