View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thread is retarded.
Anyone who thinks JJprodigy is a scumbag because he multi accounted tournaments when he was 15-16 years old and tons of other were people were doing it is a [censored] idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you in a sense that it's dumb to pass judgment on a person for the rest of their lives or be the morality police.. I can say with great certainty that everyone posting has done something that was considered largely immoral in their lifetime.. People change, learn from their mistakes, become better people and all that.. I cheated a good amount back in high school in a couple classes, I think I'm a different person now. It does however tell you a little bit about the person at the time, and sure you can judge a person based on that one thing.. they could be really cool people but they're still cheaters, they are still dishonest in this particular regard.

As mentioned I don't like all the apologetics and people thinking that it's no big deal.

My main gripe is that it gives a bad name for online poker, players involved in the same tourney get affected in some manner, and that others think it's okay.. there seems to be a gap b/w "real" world ethics and online, but there really shouldn't be since this is the real world.. It' no better than some internet scam. I guarantee if any of the apologetics were directly impacted by all of this, they'd likely have a change of heart to the whole situation and then it would be a big deal.

Also, the amount of multi-accounting at the time doesn't make it more acceptable in any way, shape, or form.

Getting back to the crux of the matter, and setting aside all the morality stuff, I think that all honest poker players just want an even playing field when they enter a tournament