View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Someone please explain this high stakes hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok thanks guys , I understand the theory its just everytime I make these kinds of plays in the low -mid limits NO one ever folds and I just cost myself a ton of bets and look super retarded in the process. I really suck at minibet heads up so was hoping to understand these plays better so I can successfully use them

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't watch HU .5/1k and try to apply what you see there to lower games. These players all have a ton of history with each other, which you have no idea of. Plus they can see what hands there opponents are mucking and you can't as an observer. Some of these games have very deep currents, you're only seeing to surface stuff. Even if you did watch these games constantly and picked something up it would really only be useful in beating good thinking players. At low limits you should be avoiding these people like the plague.

A much better way to improve is to post hands and talk about the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok fair enough you have a good point. I have watched quite a bit of 2-3 handed play at the higher stakes and tried that super aggressiveness at the low stakes 6 max tables when it gets 2-3 handed and I get my ass kicked.