View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Repost from BBV: Prop bet

ive heard this point before about more flops being seen when people have an A or a K and i think its wrong. people usually limp with small pairs or JT or connectors and complete/check from the blinds with crap hands. and if everyone has a bad hand, making the flop is biased towards As and Ks, then you are more likely to see a flop because youll get maybe one limp and a check from the big blind. when someone has AA or AK, etc., they usually raise or reraise preflop and the flop never happens. so this idea that good hands mean a lot of limping/calling and seeing flops seems backwards, and it should be that good hands (biasing the board away from As and Ks) mean a lot of raising and discourage a flop.

so in my estimation, that hurts you. also, when the flop is low, i think there is less likely going to be a flop bet, so will see a turn and maybe a river. that hurts you also.

going back to the As and Ks being on more flops, i originally thought of this when choosing cards for props--i would rather have A, K, Q, than 2, 3, 4 as my cards to hit the flop.