View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 10:24 PM

Default hand help for MLHE quizzes

I know there is a books and publications forum, but this question is more about hand play, though in the form of problems from a book. I've read Ciaffone and Brier's MLHE, and have worked the hand quizzes. I've gotten 75% of them "correct" and have been studying the ones that I got wrong. For many of them, I see what I neglected to consider, but for many others, I don't necessarily agree with their explanation either. From what I've been reading on these forums, many might say that's ok, the advice in MLHE can be too weak-tight for today's game.

My question is, should I study these hands further (possibly by posting them in this forum or some other), or is it not worth the time and I should move on to some other book? I've read SSHE, but I think it might be worth a re-read. Even though I disagree with some of the hand quizzes, I think MLHE really got me to think about what my opponent might have based on all the action more than SSHE did. Maybe the best thing is to start following the threads in this forum and posting some hands of my own from live play. I've been playing 10/20, although I mix in a lot of 5/10 while I build a better bankroll for higher games. I appreciate any thoughts.