View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, OCTOBER, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think it's bad that I never really had any work experience before and that I'm 21?

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume that would be fairly unusual in most Western countries.

[ QUOTE ]
I never worked a job before besides playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to serve as a director of a company that ran a Careers & Employment service (both casual/part-time and also graduate emploment) for an Australian university.

Our research found that the key attributes* that Australian employers considered when employing recent graduates were:

1) Good marks

What you mean by good marks? Do you think it's true that alot of stuff taught in colleges aren't going to be even used in your career. So it's not even your education that is helping you but the training you get from the company to be able to preform your job? If no one showed you how the job is done then it's going to be pretty hard figuring out for yourself. I guess this wouldn't work if your trying to be an engineer though without any education but I think if someone showed you how to do it over and over you woudln't need much of an education to be able to do whatever engineering people do? Does that make any sense hahah?