View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: NL200 - Tough Hand, deep, vs TAG

Ok, so my plan:

I would call the flop, but not because I was scared, but because I wanted to extract more value from AK and from K9. On the turn I bet out one of two ways, according to the villain. Sometimes I try to bet out like $80, making it somewhat small and kinda looking weak so maybe he will c-r again. He looks like he will def c-r AK anyways, and K9 is scared now but may just call down.

The river is crap, but oh well. It looks like he may have AK, K9s, etc. I dunno why he wouldn't bet out but if he has a weaker two pair here he may for some reason unknown to me want some fold equity. Regardless it seems like this can be so many hands

IMO with a 13/10 player he bets out with 99 and/or KK on the river, if not the turn. Just in my experience the c-r on the river after a turn check-through seems stupid for any 13/10 player to make with a huge hand, and in my mind, when the line he takes makes no sense, there is usually a reason for it.

I make the call and think I am good here a high % of the time, just because there are certain ways 99/KK play this, and this is not one of those traditional ways. If he is very good and realizes there are no draws etc and is just that tricky then so be it, but checking the turn and river by him is horrid if he does have it, so note it and stack the [censored] out of him next time.