View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Did He Touch Home?

[ QUOTE ]
No, Dids, there are a lot of things that make baseball interesting. A lot of things that I wouldn't necessarily expect folk who only care about sports to the extent they can gambool on it to understand.

If a player can make a questionable play (such as Holliday racing home on such a shallow fly),

If a manager can make a questionable decision,

Why can't an umpire get to make a questionable call?

All can be equally boneheaded, and all can equally cost a team a game.

I wouldn't really expect you to grasp some of the more visceral emotional aspects of sport however, given how you like to chastise folks calling teams "theirs" or "ours" when they don't hold ownership stakes. Not everything in life has to be about +EV, or perfection.

Hell, football, as a sport, got along just fine for decades without it. It's here, and it is what it is, but unlike football, which changes its rules damn near yearly, baseball is consistent and perpetual.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sports betting history is one $5 bet on an Apple Cup.

I don't think I've ever made a "theirs/ours" post. I use "we" a lot refering to my teams.

I do not understand how you can equate an error made my a player with an error by an umpire. Nor do I understand, or have you even attempted to explain, how that makes a game better to watch.